Quorum’s calendar of events is thoughtfully designed to fit your working life. There are lunchtime classes, evening courses and big one-off events, all designed to stimulate mind and body, and provide a great opportunity to socialise with friends, old and new. There something for everyone to get involved in, take a look at our calendar packed full of events…
Travel Smarter Month
WEEK 1 // 2-6 SEPT // PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Check the best public transport route to work by using the Nexus Journey Planning Tool
- Check you’re getting the best value for your travel ticket by contacting the hub
- Don’t forget to ask your employer if they offer you an interest-free loan to purchase a travel ticket
- If you currently drive to work you can apply to the hub for a week’s free travel on public transport
- Have you considered going to a Park and Ride site then getting the bus or metro into work?
- Did you know you can take folding bikes on the metro and you can borrow a folding bike from the Hub?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on all of the above.
Don’t forget you can take advantage of the following Q Card Offers:
- Pay for an Arriva Annual ticket monthly
- 10% off a 4-week Stagecoach Megarider ticket
- 30% off 5 x Stagecoach Day rider Tickets
- Quorum Shuttle Bus discounts
WEEK 2 // 9-13 SEPT // CYCLING
- For more info about cycling events and routes across the whole of the northeast area visit the Go Smarter Website
- If you would like to try out cycling to work then you can borrow a Quorum Pool Bike
- View maps of cycle routes from local residential areas on the Getting Here section of the Quorum website
- Join the Quorum Bicycle User Group (BUG) for regular cycling updates click here to join
Wed 11 Sep – Quorum Bike Hub Event
From the NEW Hub Shed outside of the sports courts
- 0800-1600 Get a free M check and/or book in for a more in-depth service Book in here
- 1100 -1400 Reconditioned Bike Sale
- 1700-2000 Free Evening bike ride Register here
WEEK 3 // 16-20 SEPT // CAR & BAY SHARING
- We will be encouraging people to consider car-sharing to work to reduce pressure on car parks
- Three businesses at Quorum will be launching a Smarter Parking App to encourage car sharing
WEEK 4 // 23-17 SEPT // CLEAN AIR WEEK
- We should have an update on the regional clean air strategy
- We will be promoting the onsite EV charge points and giving people info on where they can purchase cleaner vehicles.
There will be info on the weekly hub updates as well as regular updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages throughout the month....
Autumn Food Collection of Behalf of The People’s Kitchen
Donate food to the People’s Kitchen and help the homeless and disadvantaged this Autumn.
The People’s Kitchen have been supporting the homeless and disadvantaged in Newcastle since 1985 and serve over 40,000 hot meals a year.
They rely solely on donations from volunteers.
We’re looking for donations of non perishable food that can be used in their kitchens. Any non perishable items are items that are particularly useful are:
- Tinned goods
- Breakfast items such as cereal and porridge
- Spices and dried herbs
- See detailed list here
We’ll be accepting donations until Wednesday 16th October at our World Food Day Event.
If you’d like to coordinate a collection within your building and would like us to collect from you, please email email@example.com
Alternatively drop your collections off at The Hub, Qeleven reception or our World Food Event....
Hidden Gems, Secrets and Delicacies
*Free Entry for Quorum Staff, details below*
Event hosted by Premium Food and Drink Lovers
An event aimed at foodies from around the region!
Enjoy food from around the world with loads of local favourites, hidden gems and best kept food secrets.
Exhibitors remain under wraps for now, but all will be revealed in the coming weeks – expect the unexpected with hidden gems and unknown vendors – along with a few firm favourites.
Cuisines from the following countries on offer.
- Theon Nectar (Greek Products)
- Phi Pie (Greek Food)
- Il Fuoco (Neapolitan style pizza)
- The Calabash Tree (Caribbean food)
- Davide Ravioli (Fresh Italian Pasta Ravioli and Italian Ice cream)
- TheOxbox2019 (Gourmet Burgers)
- Chateau Bleu Brownie Bakery (Gourmet brownies)Love Leaf Tea (Loose flavoured tea leaves and accessories)
- Sicilian Corner Almond biscuits (Sicilian Almond Biscuits) and nougat
- Budare Latin American Food including empanadas
- Re Due Sicilia (London) Sicilian Cheese, Salami and pistachio cream
- Pronto Caldo (Sheffield) Sicilian Arancini, Cannoli and Cipolline
- J-3Montaditos Spanish food and gourmet sandwiches
- Golden Nuggets (Manchester) Portuguese food and golden breaded chicken
- Zamorins (South Indian)
- Pan Asian Tynemouth (Thai and Malaysian)
- Jolly Pedlar (Hot chocolates, Tea and Coffee) with Bayles
Plus old friend of Quorum, Coco Vega from Rumba Casa Latina will be onsite hosting free salsa and bachata taster sessions from within the Neon building.
The Saturday event will also feature a kids area with face painting and more.
When and Where?
Friday 20th September 11.30-4.00pm
Saturday 21st September 12.00 – 7pm
Around Quorum Sports Courts
The Neon Building
Quorum Business Park
Newcastle Upon Tyne
FREE entry for Quorum Staff.
This is a ticketed event, however Quorum Staff are invited to the Friday event for FREE!
Book a ticket via Eventbrite here
When checking out, press ‘Enter Promotional Code’ and select Quorum2019
Feel Good Friday – Spud Gun
This month we’re treating you to three street food vendors!!
Celebrate the end of the working week with a tasty treat from Spud Gun Loaded fries, and R Place Doughnuts!
Plus Sausages from Geordie Bangers
Find your lunch fix, outside the main entrance of our Q11 Building 11:30am – 2:30pm....
New quarterly pop-up food event based outside the Lightbox Building.
Have a mid-week treat!
This month we have food on offer from Mivesi Indian Food
serving authentic Bangladeshi street food and their famous ‘Naan Pizza.’...
Free Will Writing Session with The Will Guys
The Will Guys offer simple, no fuss, plain English Will writing, written by experts.
Book into a session on Wednesday 2nd October slots are available between 10.30-3.30
Find out more about The Will Guys on their website: http://thewillguys.co.uk/
Book on eventbrite here....
World Food Day
Help Support our Food Collection on Behalf on The People’s Kitchen and enjoy food from a Selection of World Food Vendors
To coincide with our Food Collection on behalf of the People’s Kitchen we are hosting an event on World Food Day
Food will be available from:
- Bao Buns (Korean street food)
- Acropolis (Greek Gyros)
- Chuchos Tacos (Mexican Street Food)
- Deli Churros
The event takes place Wednesday 16th October.
Our collection on behalf of the Peoples Kitchen runs from Monday 30th September email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to