Quorum is in the thriving heart of Tyneside in north Newcastle, the capital of the North East. The area provides a little bit of everything; from its cosmopolitan quayside and city life to its beautiful coastline and rolling National Parks.
North East Overview
Quorum is an edge-of-town business park rather than an out-of-town location, so benefits from the infrastructure of Newcastle, the vibrant capital of North East England, where incredible culture, thrilling sport, superb shopping, exciting nightlife and top-notch cuisine are just waiting to be discovered.
With so many different areas, each offering new sights, sounds and experiences, you’ll be amazed at the quality of life on offer in North East England. From your daily commute, to the choice of excellent schools, our outstanding health service and the cost of quality housing compared to other parts of the UK, it all adds up to making the North East one of the best places in the country to live and work.
Helping you explore the region at discounted prices the exclusive QCard offers deals at 100’s of visitors attractions, entertainment and dining venues to name a few. Find out more at www.quorumbp.co.uk/qcard
Quorum is one of the most cost effective platforms (staff, property and ancillary costs) in the country.
- There is a deep labour pool of skilled and versatile staff who have a reputation for not only being friendly, but also hard working and loyal.
- The available workforce in the Quorum catchment area is impressive.
- The regions schools have excellent GCSE results and there is a ready supply of high calibre graduates from the five universities.
- The Quorum catchment extends to a 30 minute commute of Quorum Business Park. it covers the council boundaries of Newcastle, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, and South East Nothumberland.
- Increasing devolution is boosting the range of financial assistance available to businesses creating jobs in the region.
- Quorum is located in an Assisted Area supported by North Tyneside Council, the North East LEP and the North East Combined Authority.
- The team at Quorum work with our partners to assist occupiers to identify where financial support can be assured.
Travel & Transport
- Tyne and Wear has higher levels of public transport than any other metropolitan area outside of London.
- The network comprises of the award-winning Metro rail system, as well as comprehensive bus and national rail services.
- The region also boasts an international airport which serves 60 global destinations.
- There are excellent links in regards to foot and cycle routes, so getting to work or exploring the area’s beauty has never been easier.
- Five universities offering world class teaching and research.
- Newcastle universities have the highest graduate retention rate outside of London.
- A good proportion of sales, administrative and customer service skills available in the local workforce.
- 93,000 people within the Quorum catchment area are active in the employment market.
- Average house prices in the North East are 30% lower than the UK average.
- A large available pool of labour, weekly wages 15% below the national average and come of the most cost effective occupancy rates in the country.
- Tyne and Wear Metro system carries 40 million people every year and links together major transport hubs with people and businesses.
- Great connections to Britain’s two capital cities, London and Edinburgh, which are both under three hours commute.
- 1 million people within a 30 minute commute of Quorum, of which 700,000 are of working age (16-64)